TIP #10 – How to remove a wine stain?
Tipps für Textilien
Red wine stains on clothes can cause a lot of headaches. Here are some tips to make removal easier.
Who hasn’t experienced this? You’re at home with friends and enjoying a glass of red wine from KapWeine, when you get a little too expressive and the wine flies up in the air and you catch a red wine stain. Here are our tips you can use in a pinch to save your clothes from a permanent wine stain:
1. Act quickly: Immediately look for a stain remover or cold running water, because a dried stain is much harder to remove.
2. Dab, do not rub: Take an absorbent cloth and dab the stain lightly with the detergent. Rubbing the garment will press the stain even deeper into the fibres.
3. Only use cold liquids: Warm liquids can dilute the stain but spread it even further. Cold running water or mineral water is ideal here.
4. Lösen Sie die Moleküle auf: Both soda water and vinegar are great for breaking up the molecules of the wine to make them easier to remove – even white wine can do this!
5. Soak up the stain with a powdery substance: Salt or baking powder will definitely help you.
6. Wash as soon as possible: Always wash your garment with detergent as soon as possible.
A plus tip from the author: Soak the garment in milk and then wash it with your detergent. This worked for me at Christmas with a big wine stain on a white tablecloth! In this case I used plant milk and the tablecloth is as good as new.
If you know of any other tips to remove wine stains, please post a comment below..
If you have run out of wine again, take the opportunity and visit one of our next tasting event withSouth Africa wines and surprise your friends at the next meeting.